BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Getting My Read On



I'm not going to even try and lie. In high school, I was supposed to have read this book. I didn't! I bought it. I might have read the first page. And then it sat on the floor of my room. Eventually it got lost in the back of my closet. I picked up the Cliff's Notes so that I could write my report and pass the quizzes. I was a bad student! No, not really. I was a good kid. But I didn't like to read boring books! I would ask my step-sister about them. Mostly she lied. So I relied on the Cliff's Notes.

But when we were leaving one hotel for another, leaving one city for another, I remembered that I wanted a book. And I didn't want to bother anyone with my nonsense. So I stopped in the hotel gift shop. I had my choice between Wuthering Heights, Dante's Inferno, a children's fairy tale book, and some crazy book about demons and vampires. Ya, they need to improve the book selection. But I figured, it was a sign. I should read this book afterall.

Good choice! I am about a third of the way through it. I have to say, it is a good book. When I talked to my bestie earlier, she was telling me about a DVD series that is based on the book. I told you that she is a nerd! She tapes Master Piece Theater on Sunday nights! :) But I LOVE her! I want to watch it after I read the book. It's a sad love story. But honestly, it is what I need right now. So I am enjoying the hot weather, the warm sun, and a cold glass of iced tea. I'm trying to be good here people! XOXO

0 comments: