BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 16, 2009

Making it a Home

I have a secret. I'm not good when it comes to decorating. My bestie gave me all these wonderful tips and tried to help me when I first moved into my house. But I didn't do so well. Even with her help. Because she left me to do certain things. And well, I didn't do them. I still have boxes and boxes of things. I only pull things out as I need them. It is pretty pathetic!

You see, when PH and I first moved in together, he lived in your typical bachelor pad. And I had no problem with it. It was a house that D owned. A place that PH was just happy to be living in. Nothing special. But it wasn't awful. We had what we needed. And then some...

Then PH decided to have a house built for us. A few months ago we moved in. Had no furniture. And we seeked the help of my bestie. A brilliant interior decorator. I keep telling her, that is her call in life. Interior design. Oh and making beautiful babies with D. I think they would have some cute kids! If she would just listen to me. I know he would be more than happy to participate in that!

Back on track here. My bestie helped us. Asked us what kinds of things we liked. Took us each shopping with her. And before we knew it, we had this beautiful home! Gorgeous! Everything just went together. It was not matchy, matchy. But it was just our style. We loved everything about the house! The furniture was perfect! We had everything we needed. And everything we could ever want or need!

After PH and I hit our rough patch, I decided to move out. He did too. It is ridiculous that our gorgeous house is lonely! But it is. I moved to another property that D owns. A condo. PH moved back into D's other house, that we once lived in. But I got the condo. A rather blah place. White walls, beige carpet, white and beige walls. But it was close to where I work. And I haven't really cared about what it looks like inside. Or even if I have everything that I need to have. D won't take any rent money. And I have been too depressed to even consider shopping.

But my bestie and I went shopping today. Because I only had to work for a few hours during the day. Then I work tonight. Same schedule as my bestie! I asked her if it was OK that we do some shopping for my house. D was kind enough to even let me use his old furniture when I moved into the condo. So nothing in the condo was really mine. I didn't mind. But I had saved like 80% of my pay. And now I wanted to spent it.

In reality, I don't know how long I will be living here. Or even if this is going to be a permanent separation for PH and I. But I am tired of coming home to find boxes. Literally, I have been living out of them. Ya, D and my bestie tried to help me a while back. But I had promised each of them that I would empty the boxes. Instead, they have sat there. And I felt like I was just camping out on my friend's couch.

I know my bestie talked to D before this week. Because bright and early this morning, painters were at my door. Every room was repainted to colors that I like. And my bestie and I were gone shopping. We shopped before and after her performance this afternoon. She is super good at this. But I think she had gotten a head start on some of the stuff. Like most of the furniture. And like 2 bandits, we made our way through Target, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and eventually Wal-Mart.

Everything that you can imagine, we bought. We started this morning at the furniture store. My bestie taking pictures of the things we bought. Then she systematically worked through the rooms of my house. Making sure I had pots and pans, enough towels, curtains, rugs, and even little blankets to snuggle on the couch with. We bought picture frames, mirrors, and vases. You name it, we bought it! I am tired just thinking about it all again!

But she has another show tonight. So we just dropped everything off at my place. The furniture will be delivered in the morning. And she promised that by Wednesday, everything will be in it's place! I believe her. Because she is anal like that. And I know that she wants for me to feel at home there. So does D. And I have to be grateful to both of them for everything! Including D letting me stay at his house tonight. With everyone else that is bunking there! XOXO

0 comments: