BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I Need to Learn...

I really need to learn how to be a girl. Because I suck at it! We got to the West Coast a little earlier. And now I have to get ready for this event. It is not "Emmy Red Carpet" fancy. But it is much fancier than I am used to. A friend helped me pick out the dress. She owns a nice store. I trust her taste. And I am getting my hair and makeup done too!

This is the time that I realize, I don't really know how to be a girl. When did this happen? When I was little, I always played with makeup. I would get those holiday makeup kits and play around with them. When I got older, I got into more expensive makeup. I can remember, more than once, buying colored mascara, trying new lipsticks, etc. But somewhere along the way, I just stopped doing those things.

My bestie makes me laugh. She and are a close in age. Been friends since our kindergarten playground days. I was into makeup way before her. She was more of a, shall I say it? A nerd! But a cute nerd. The kind that all the boys liked. She was more fashion forward than me. Had gorgeous hair. But the makeup, that was all me. When we were like in 3rd grade we bought CoverGirl compacts, a lipgloss, and mascara. We thought we were cool.

Over the years, we got separated by miles. We went to different schools. Then I moved across the country. She kept becoming a girly, girl. She was a cheerleader. Learned all about the art of hair and makeup. Heck, now she is a performer! With her own hair stylist, fashion stylist, and makeup artist! But she can do all that on her own.

Me, not so much! I don't know what happened along the way. I just don't! I wish I did. LJ helps me every day when she comes into work. It's a good thing the boss likes us! :) LJ and KE took me to get a mini makeover in NYC. It turned into me having my hair dyed, highlighted, styled, new makeup, eyebrow waxing, and new clothes and shoes! Thanks girls. But I still feel like a baby learning how to walk!

And this event tonight, it doesn't help with that. I need to look nice and polished. I am stressed that I am going to fall on my ass! Why do women have to wear high heels? What in the world did my husband see in me? I am so not one of those girly girls. Please Beauty Gods, watch over me tonight! XOXO

0 comments: